BETTER, Inc. is recruiting an entry level Professional Engineer/Architect with experience with either Passivehaus or Net Zero home design standards for a part-time position which could lead to full-time employment. This person will work closely with our founding partners to assure design excellence that maximizes opportunities and aesthetics with sensitivity to client’s needs. Good presentation skills are necessary to convey ideas to clients and staff. The ideal candidate listens to the client and reacts with a suitable design option that reflects their understanding of the client’s needs. The CPHC, Certified Passivhaus Consultant qualification from the Passivhaus Institute in Darmstadt, Germany is a plus. We will consider candidates that do not yet have the CPHC but can demonstrate the motivation and education to be able to meet the requirements of obtaining the CPHC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assurance that clients are served with quality projects.
- Coordinate design reviews on project presentation criteria.
- Participate in specific project marketing efforts.
- Participate in creating the design task plan and design schedule for projects and marketing.
- Participate in project profitability.
- Establish a design that can be constructed within owner’s budget parameters.
- Participate in work/team assignment efforts during the design phase.
- Participate in community promotion of firm’s vision.
Attributes and Experience:
- Portfolio of award winning work recognized by national, state or local AIA programs, journals or other recognized design awards programs.
- Proficiency in BIM software, including AutoCAD or equivalents, and energy modeling software
- Certified Passive House Consultant (CPHC).
- Bachelors / Masters degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in designing all types of Passivehaus or Net Zero buildings
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Medical insurance for full-time employee
- Cost sharing for CPHC study materials/Testing cost for CPHC candidate
Email cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org